Robert James Luedke
His work has been acclaimed by trade publications, Wizard, Combo Magazine and Comic Buyer’s Guide and his story (and work) have been featured by some very diverse media, such as, Fox News, CBS & ABC news affiliates, Christianity Today, World Magazine, LA Times, Dallas Morning News, The Houston Chronicle, Publishers Weekly, The Christian Examiner and The Washington Post.
Bob has been a jack of many trades throughout his professional life, but his one true love has always been in the creative arts…more specifically, illustration and creation of comic properties.
He scored his first published work while still a teen, (illustrating a communications textbook). He then honed his cartooning skills producing a weekly comic strip for both his high school and college newspapers. During the first few years after graduation, he developed and created over 200 samples of another strip he pitched to newspaper syndicates, which unfortunately was never picked up (But got darned close)!
After spending a decade doing “real jobs”, he founded a pair of successful comic & pop culture specialty stores in the DFW market, through which he learned the business side of the comic industry. In 1995 he sold the stores to fund the creation of his publishing banner, Head Press Publishing.
From ’95 through ’98, Bob wrote, illustrated and published the critically acclaimed Template series…named one of the “Top Ten Small Press Titles of 1997“, by the now Defunct Combo Magazine. In addition, he also created and published the comics, Max Damage, (a Template spin-off), No Justice/No Piece, (a fund raising anthology for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund), and Romantic Tales.
After a five year hiatus from the industry, (where among other things, he reported, wrote and edited a fitness and health trade magazine), Robert re-entered the comic industry in 2004, with the release of his first graphic novel, Eye Witness: A Fictional Tale of Absolute Truth. This was the first in what became a four-book series, through which Bob used the medium of comics/graphic novels to not only entertain but share a spiritual message of faith. With the Eye Witness Series, Bob not only wrote and illustrated the series, but also added the arrow of digital colorist to his quiver of creative talents!
To date, the Eye Witness Series has garnered five Indy Book Awards and been named a finalist for 5 others! For his work on this groundbreaking 400 page epic, Bob has been labeled “The King of independent Christian Comics“, by noted journalist, David Crumm, (Editor of ReadtheSpirit.com and formerly of the Cleveland Plains Dealer).
Since completing the series, Bob has spent time freelancing his talents to other publishers and even ministries. In 2011, he did the character designs and complete story-boarding for a series of animated Biblical shorts for a DFW area mega-church, who distributes their materials to ministries around the world.
Entertainment companies and/or publishers wishing to inquire about Bob’s creative services, (or the licensing or development of Eye Witness or Template)…or individuals wishing to commission an original sketch or digital painting, can get a hold of Bob, using the Contact Form below.
- Finalist in the 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards in the category of Novella.
- Finalist in the 2011 Foreword Magazine Book of the Year Awards, in the category of dramatic graphic novels.
- Winner in the category of graphic novels in the 2010 Best Book Awards, sponsored by USABooknews.com.
Eye Witness: Rise of the Apostle
- Winner in the category of graphic novels in the 2009 Best Book Awards, sponsored by USABooknews.com.
- Finalist in the 2009 FOREWORD Magazine, Book of the Year Awards, in the category of dramatic graphic novels.
Eye Witness: Acts of the Spirit
- Silver medalist, in the 2007 Independent Publisher Award (IPPY’s), in the category of Dramatic Graphic Novels.
- Winner in the category of comic books/graphic novels at the 2007 Hollywood Festival.
- Finalist in the 2007 FOREWORD Magazine, Book of the Year Awards, in the category of dramatic graphic novels.
The Collected Eye Witness Slipcase
- Winner in the Category of comics and graphic novels, in the 2011 Reader’s Choice Awards, presented by Family Fiction Magazine in their May/June 2011 issue.
You can meet Bob at may conventions and expos throughout the year. Click the button below to view his event schedule.
Special Offers & Set discounts
Get Bobtheartist designs, on Clothing & many other items...
Explore the World of 3D-Morphing Lenticular Art...